Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Request for comment: icd10-database
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:11:50 -0700

On 2011-06-29, at 2:59 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> following is United States info which they will provide in PDF and XML
> (sample below)
>
> ******************
> * United States *
> ******************
>
> <snip>
>
>       http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/icd/icd10cm.htm#10update

What I further notice is the lack of provision, within the file, to distinguish
codes which may in fact be

        ICD10

from the country-speific additions which in combination create (e.g.)

        ICD10-CM

and within which at least the internationally-consistent ICD-10 portion could
have been identifiable and usable.

I expect that could be a strategy, if not a requirement, of release.

-- Jim