[Gnumed-devel] Social network tweaking and future out-of-praxis provider

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Social network tweaking and future out-of-praxis provider tracking
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 01:10:32 -0700

For the "tweak" it might help to make clearer that the field two below
"Emergency contact" intends to capture a within-praxis provider. Also, and
while I appreciate the focus of GNUmed is family practice, a patient can still
have a "main" (primary) doctor *outside* of GNUmed and would it be ok to
disambiguate by replacing

        Primary doctor (screenshot)

with

        Most responsible in praxis  <--- there is plenty of room to widen the
label

and adjust the tooltip to

        Enter or select from among the providers in this GNUmed praxis.

******************************

Also, I doubt I am alone in seeing value to input the different doctors (or
other providers) that a patient has been seeing or has been referred to (even
if, after a time, the patient discontinues to see some of these people). It is
embarrassing to re-refer a patient to a doctor when there exists a history that
the relationship had problems.

One obstacle to decide how to manage this is where in GNUmed to store such
values. Would it be similar to the drug scheme in which there could be a

        ref.<table>

which holds listings outside the praxis of

        doctors
        physiotherapists
        etc

but when one of these professionals would be actually used, would such people
get added as "Persons" in GNUmed or would these people live only in reference
tables. What about their addresses and phone numbers etc?

-- Jim

PNG image