Re: [Gnumed-devel] Communication channel request and (?) bugs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Communication channel request and (?) bugs
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:20:16 +0200

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 07:33:08AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> So, while I agree that what you describe would be a
> "surprise" *at first* it would quickly stop to be a
> surprise.

OK, fine by me.

> Shouldn't the desire to use a non-English translation of
> GNUmed -- at the same time as still seeing and using *some*
> english values e.g. in a phrasewheel --  require for such
> user(s) to develop a custom translation?

Weeell, technically, yes.

However, since GNUmed does know both the English term -
courtesy of being the built-in default - and the local
translation as effected by the locale it can as well match
on both when that seems helpful.

That should not encumber the "standard" use of the
translation, though, with which design goal I agree.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346