Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:53:45 -0700

On 2011-06-14, at 2:52 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Two important concepts have been unearthed so far:
>
> - family history needs to be push, not pull
>       ->  consent of relative
> - family history needs to be copy-per-patient, not shared

So if the family history that is being copied is an episode that the "donor"
consented to share, this "donation" could

- in the case that the recipient already has a Family Hx item
        --> update the item by way of an FK to the source episode

- in the case that the Fam Hx item did *not* already exist
        --> the Fam Hx item would need to be created

either way, CAVEAT

--> we have a record that is being updated outside of the context of the
patient whose record is being altered

… maybe the existing fax Hx is an inaccurate self-report, and the coding or
textual description needs altering
… maybe even that patient's plan needs changing, based on the corrected
information

… and of course when it is new information (no previous self-report) the
consequences of the new information need to be worked through, but not during
the praxis visit of the donor!

so that is why, if we would ever "push" a record

1. this likely must always be an "add record" scenario because I cannot imagine
bringing, into view of the donor, the recipient's fam Hx
2. this record needs to show in the inbox as needing signing… it i rather
analogous to a "new result"

-- Jim