Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:40:55 +0200

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 01:13:50PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> In the currently-published v15 schema, I can find only
>
>       clin.coded_phrase
>
> so I am having trouble to understand its relationships to other tables.

The v15 version does not contain much helpful in terms of
understanding the coding table structure.

> For example, exists there an as-yet unpublished v16 in
> which this table has been extended with columns and/or one
> one more tables to hold all of the associations of this code
> to a clinical record?

No. That table does not exist anymore.

> Would a single table hold these associations, whether they were to soap rows
> or to health issues, or are such associations split into different tables?

They are split into many tables.

> Also, is the following shipped-with-gnumed report definition fragment
> obsolete (if the view has since been renamed from
>
>       clin.v_coded_item_narrative
>
> select *
> from
>       dem.v_basic_person
>               inner join
>       clin.v_coded_item_narrative
>               using (pk_identity)
> where
>       code = 'put the code here'
>       -- specify a coding system here
> --    and coding_system = '...'
>       -- specify a SOAP category here
> --    and soap_cat = '...'

You have reported this query to not work anymore and I have
reported it fixed.

> Also does
>
>       clin.v_narrative4search
>
> inform searches of narrative at all levels *above* the SOAP rows but not the
> soap rows themselves?

It includes all the narrative, including SOAP rows.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346