Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] BACKUP / RESTORE
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:48:28 +0200

> I am tring to make Backup - Restore with PgAdmin III
> Seems there are already people in production using this, so if someone can
> give me a hand it would be much apreciated :)

The server tarball contains shell scripts for both. The gm-backup_database.sh
contains all the
steps that are required to take a full backup (including roles). The
gm-restore_database.sh contains
all the steps required for restoring.

The backup script is cron-ready. It can also be run by hand. It should be run
as root. Root must be
able to connect to the gnumed database as gm-dbo.

Karsten
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/address@hidden