Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: meditux - compromed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: meditux - compromed
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 11:20:44 +0200

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 10:12:07AM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:

> Well, but is the billing modul really a component that makes
> a difference or advantage that is a buying argument for customers.
No. Well, yes. If you don't have one you cannot get into
"the market" in any significant way. IF you have one there
is little difference between vendors these days.

> I guess there are other reasons to decide for one or the other
> practice management software than the billing module.
The situation is a bit schizophrenic - while there is little
to no difference between the billing modules available still
the billing module in itself is the main reason for the vast
majority of people to actually buy any IT system for their
medical office...

> So this
> is not really the target for a competition and thus you could
> save some developers for more challenging tasks and just "outsource"
> this part to an OPen Source project.
But they don't want to get into any competition in any way.
They just want to rule the market. Thus they kill or buy
their competitors. Strategic alliances aside - this isn't
medieval Japan warlordship.

> Well, I'm not so interested in Jedi etc. and wonder what RSI means:
<medical> Repetitive Stress Injury

auch KTS/Karpaltunnelsyndrom

Jedi like to employ waving their hand to exert the powers of
The Force upon their opponents. It don't work on digital
beings, though.

> Well, all I want to say is that it sounds like oversimplification
> if we assume that it is needles to explain such people how it could
> work better.
Sebastian tried. Putting more effort into it will do several
things:

- it makes you rich in the long run (politicians earn well)
- it gets you a new passport with the name Don Quixote (and
  fingerprints, obviously, here in Germany)
- it makes your Open Source Project die from lack of progress

Back to coding,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346