Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with Medica Knoppix CD

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problems with Medica Knoppix CD
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:16:29 +0100

Hello Bill,

I have brought your issue to the attention of both the
creator of our live CD as well as our PR person one of which
at least will get in touch with you.

A few hints and questions:

> I downloaded the ISO file and burned it to CD.
I assume you downloaded from our Wiki ?  Sebastian will be
double-checking to make sure the link is pointing to the
most recent version.

> It boots OK, but then
> opens into a DR DOS command prompt.
That's very strange as the live CD is Linux based.

> Incidently the ISO file took
> nearly 5 (five) hours to download despite my having what passes for
> broadband in Australia.
Well, it *is* big. We can't do much about that. OTOH we have
other options like mailing you a physical copy of the CD -
Sebastian will get in touch with you on that.

Please do report back if you are having difficulties that
aren't getting solved.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346