Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bits which seem to not work/missing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Bits which seem to not work/missing
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:24:36 +0100

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 09:00:04AM +1100, Richard wrote:

> The gmClinical.Sql references table form_defs.

grep form_defs *.sql finds gmReference.sql

> I cannot find the construct for
> this anywhere, certainly not in gmFormDefs.sql
This coincidence is misleading, yes. gmFormDefs.sql is a
remnant which will have to dissolve and be replaced by
better structured files.

> (which itself BTW comments
> about gmFormData.sql which dosn't seem to exist in the CVS.
I removed that comment as it was misleading, too. Not
untrue, just misleading.

> Also  your gmDemographics.CIS-data.sql is missing all countries below United
> States, but these are form some reason living in the file gmCountryZones.sql,
historic reasons, can be changed but *will* make seamless
upgrades from v1 to v2 a whole lot harder - but there does
not seem to be a demand for that, currently

> which in itself is somewhat of a misnomer, because it inserts all the data
> into the states table.
Your reasoning is wrong here. The table is misnamed, not the file.

> gmClinical.sql won't compile either for me because when it gets to the bottom
> there are a whole lot of tables relating to forms, which reference formdefs
> which of course seems not to exist (for me despite fresh cvs, and me
> inspecting the cvs on the web).
It's in gmReference.sql.

You might use grep on your CVS copy or a search on the
schema HTML page on the Wiki.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346