Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vaccination stuff

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed vaccination stuff
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 08:32:15 -0800

At 11:13 PM +0100 1/5/06, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 05:42:38AM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

Syan, was your widget/module being built *purely* to input vaccinations given to patients *in* the surgery/office?

IMO it would add a lot of function & utility to be able to input information about what a patient had *elsewhere* for example a person (especially a child) who has moved into the neighborhood and begins receiving care. Even "established" patients may advise "no, I don't need a flu shot, we had a clinic at my place of work". And a number of patients receive stuff at the hospitals where they work, or from travel clinics. I know we don't always track it... we are not often in a position to receive the information reliably. But if it comes up in the course of a visit, especially when addressing relevant care, it would be good to be able to put it in.

To all (***possible thread change if anyone replies*** --- maybe "Source of care" ---). Is there any reusable approach to documenting (structuring) how, where or from whom patients received testing or treatments? I am thinking vaccinations, drug therapies, operations/procedures there could be value to a consistent approach. Options could include one, or multiple, among the generic "someone else" and "somewhere else" outside of the surgery or the practice, and/or free text input into one or two fields, and/or a table in which is maintained other doctors/people/orgs from whom the patient did receive / is receiving care.

Does the schema already have a table in which we can maintain (e.g) which other doctors any patient is seeing? Maybe it overlaps function already considered in tracking "referrals".