Re: [Gnumed-devel] pre release todo

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] pre release todo
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:12:05 +0200

On Saturday 09 April 2005 08:57, J Busser wrote:
> At 3:04 PM +0100 3/25/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >On to more important matters.
> >Does setting up new mailing lists work again?
>
> Karsten has had access to (trying to create) mailing lists but tells
> me it didn't work. The following is from an admin web page at
>
> Savannah:
> >Automatic mailing list creation is temporarily not available. We
> >need to work on some parts of Savannah, mainly handle multiple mail
> >domains in Savane.
> >
> >Meanwhile, we can create it quickly manually.
> >Please log in to... (instructions for submitting the request)
Please do if their is agreement on gnumed-users.

> We have so far 2 public lists (gnumed-devel, gnumed-update) and 1
> private (gnumed-announce)
>
> gnumed-devel (81 subscribed)
> "information exchange for gnumed developers and contributors"
>
> gnumed-update
> "This list informs about relevant file updates within the gnumed project"
> - is this meant to inform about updates to CVS
> - are file updates *other* than CVS (like binaries) proposed to be
> advertised on gnumed-announce?
> - this list is accumulating (mostly) spam, see
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-update/2005-04/index.html
> ... shall I re-classify it as "private"? Will that cause anything we
> need to bounce?
Ah the spam will go away if the get no answers. I think gnumed-update is in
good shape.

> gnumed-announce
> - announcements regarding the gnumed project (low volume)
>
> Sebastian had in mind:
> >gnumed-users
see below
> >gnumed-documentation
maybe not that important right now, covered by wiki and gnumed-devel
> >gnumed-public-relations
let's put that one on hold
> >gnumed-business
maybe intereferes with GNU policy

>  From Savannah, the pattern for GNU projects is one of:
>       *       address@hidden
>       *       address@hidden
>       *       address@hidden
>       *       address@hidden
>       *       address@hidden
>
> Is it expected that gnumed-devel members will direct certain postings
> to the new list INSTEAD of onto gnumed-devel? Or do we expect that
> they will continue to post everything to gnumed-devel? So that the
> new lists would only be of interest to people not already on
> gnumed-devel?
I expect some questions from users once 0.1 is out the door. I don't want
those messages to appear in gnumed-devel if we have other lists in place. So
I consider gnumed-users important for those questions.

What I had in mind was to create lists for teams as they form. packagers,
documentation writerm you name it. But those teams don't yet exist. So no
need for lists as of now. just post to gnumed-devel.

Any news regarding bug/issue tracking ? Does bug-gnumed /gnumed-bug list have
some connection to the issue tracker ?

Thanks,
Sebastian
--