Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmBusinessDBObject._xmins_refetch_col_pos

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmBusinessDBObject._xmins_refetch_col_pos
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:01:45 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
Karsten, do we really need this?
Why not just insist the last query of _cmds_store_payload return the XMINs with their correct names using the "select...foo as bar..." syntax?

That is what we do. However, we also need to know where to put
them in self._payload. How else would we handle that ?
self._idx.index ()

On IRC we got to this:

- user types name to search for
- GUI raises gmDemographics plugin
... ?
gmDemographics has the top half as listbox showing search results (like popup does now) Single-clicking on a line opens the demographics data (addresses, occupation, ID numbers, etc.) in the bottom half of the widget but does not issue patient_changed. The use-case is that it is often necessary to look up ID number etc. for various people (not just patients) quickly (viz. without opening a full patient file) It is also (IMHO) a great advantage to be able to view demographic entries which are not patients in the one interface.

Double-clicking, or the "open patient file.." button does issue patient_changed and from there things proceed as before.

Ian

P.S. Karsten is referring to #gnumed on irc.freenode.org, again I throw open an invitation. 1200-1600 hours GMT seem to be the active times