[Gnumed-devel] Combing ScratchPad + Recall/Reviews panel

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Combing ScratchPad + Recall/Reviews panel
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:50:12 +1100

I've been meaning to post on this one for a number of weeks but keep
forgetting.

Ian asked me the other day when we were chatting on the phone how I would feel
about removing the ScratchPad control and integrating it with the Recall
Review display.

Of course my immediate reaction was no, the scratch pad is too vital. When I
sat and thought about it, it makes sense, as it is consuming screen
real-estate and there is no need for a fixed -height scratch pad.

So, on reflection I think doing away with the scratch pad is ok as long as we
still have its functionality. The recall/review control will simply need a
textbox incorporated in a compound control with the listbox, or maybe
modifying the gizmos.EditableListBox control.

Whatever method will come out in the wash, however this will certainly gain us
some real-estate to use for something else.

Regards

richard