Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Latest progress with you SOAP stuff-CATCH22

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Latest progress with you SOAP stuff-CATCH22
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:03:18 +0100

> Questions for the list:
>       - without at least one real identity, gnumed is useless, as it insists
> (rightly) that all system users be linked to a flesh-and-blood identity.
> How then can we ever then bootstrap real systems?
> I propose a special "admin" client that logs in as gm_dbowner and can
> create other users.
The "admin" needs to user means other than the GnuMed
reference client to create users, eg psql or a dedicated
interface or whatnot.

>       - we desperately need to overhaul the bootstrapping experience.
I still wonder why. I certainly don't think the average doc
should be expected to install her own GnuMed system. As far
as the DBA "experience" goes we are good ! The script verifies
a lot of conditions, allows for quite some customization and
keeps detailed logs (of course, you need to be able to make
sense of them but hey that's what you are paid for).

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346