[Gnumed-devel] email problems

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] email problems
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:07:52 -0700

Sending via web mail.

Sorry I am having trouble with my ISP (our largest phone company which has
started
to restrict mail other than mail sent through its own mail serve, though that
was
where I was sending mine! - They are also blocking port 443 for
residential-level
ADSL accounts).

My mail client tries to send and, as far as _it_ knows, times out trying to
connect
to the pesky server and so tries again later. Sounds like each effort may in
fact be
getting through.

I have taken what I thought has been "unsent" mail out of my "out" box as I try
figure it out. Lost a ton of drafts including some draft gnumed docs (damn!)
when I
deleted an email account in order to recreate it. At least there is the list
archive
- I can rewrite the docs hopefully before too long.