Re: [Gnumed-devel] switchable layout managers

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] switchable layout managers
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:59:01 +1000

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:39, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> With Richard-space I mean pretty much exactly what's described
> in his design docs. In Horst-space (eg the notebook plugins) I
> use at least the functional specs of his docs and stick to the
> design where feasible (eg notice how the entire vaccinations
> or allergy Richard-space left-hand pane is loaded as a notebook
> plugin).

I think it is easier, quicker and more satisfying to develop two spearate
clients - one Richard space, one Horst space of you like. I predict that both
will be in demand and attract different types of practitioners with different
workflows. The chimera makes no one happy and becomes quite unwieldy.

Most hard work (like business objects etc.) can be shared between the two
anyway.

Horst