[Gnumed-devel] Re: Next EMR steps... (ref exporter, wishing tasks)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Next EMR steps... (ref exporter, wishing tasks)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:14:39 +0200

Hi Carlos,

>    1. Exporter:
>          -Add i18n support
>          -Add RFE and AOE information to encounters (as in the tree below)
Sounds good but see below.

>    2. Past history/notes viewer:
Note the word "viewer" :-)  I think for 0.1 we can satisfy
ourselves with having a simple browser (what Carlos is
proposing here) and a simple (well ;-) SOAP input widget.

For the tree I would offer the following suggestion:

tree              wxHTML? or text as exporter does text now
---------------------------------------
issue           | RFE:
  episode       | S  : ...
    encounter   |      (codes)
    encounter   | O  : ...
    encounter   |      (codes)
  episode       | A  : ...
    encounter   |      diagnosis (codes)
  episode       |      diagnosis (codes)
    encounter   | P  : ...
    encounter   |      (codes)
  ...           | AOE: ...
issue           |      (codes)
  episode       | Lab: ...
  ...           | Vaccs/Allergies: ...

Note that RFE/AOE are at the same logical level as SOAP.

>          *: Constraint controls could be left for post 0.1,
Yes. They would auto-expand all the matching encounters and
display their data on the right in consecutive sections like
the above one.

>          *: For future, maybe that view would allow us to easily
> update/add any of the emr tree items...
It could be used to add/delete/move/rename issues, episodes
and encounters. I would not facilitate editing of SOAP rows in this
widget. Eg. the left side is editable but the right side is
read-only. It might be useful to allow for jumping to the SOAP
editor by double-clicking an encounter (or right-click popup).

>       Another doubt: would it be a new ui  or some work has been done
> so i could try to reutilice/modify?
IMO it would be a much better "clinical narrative browser"
than the raw EMR text dump we have now. For the tree controls
you may want to take a look at config registry browser or
medical document browser. There is a version of the tree
control that supports right-hand side additional data.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346