Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP widget
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:20:04 +0200

> When people first load Ian's widget, at what position does their
> insertion point* first appear?
None, I have to click on it to get focus. I can't click inside
a Header.

I can, however, include a header in the selection of text
using pos1/end and delete the header.

Ian, how difficult do you think it would be to track line type
(soap) via "markers" on the left "margin" ? That's a concept
the STC offers.

> Would others desire a way to shift from one SOAP section to the next
> without having to mouse?
Mine already does. Pressing ENTER goes to the next section. Or
do you mean "from any line within the section" ?

> Conventionally one might use the "tab" key,
> which at present inputs a tab character within the text.
As it should, tabs are useful for structuring.

How difficult is it to enable adding a line at the end of a
section instead of going to the next section ?

> Ideally it
> might cycle among the SOAP items, positioning the insertion point at
> the end of whatever text has already been entered? Would such a
> behaviour be programmed within the widget, and/or would it conflict
> with any convention(s) of which I may be unaware?
I think it has merit.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346