Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding any SOAP item

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding any SOAP item
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:53:30 +1000

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 05:45, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > As a bill_those_rows table will only display what *has* been flagged,
> > the only nagging concern is how to NOT miss billing for things that
> > *ought* to be flagged, yet haven't been.
>
> Well, if I have any say (and if we are serious about keeping
> GnuMed useful irrespective of the setting), *that* part of
> GnuMed will only concern itself with clinical stuff. Other

Suggestion: stick to the messenger paradigm.
Any widget believing it has something to say regarding billing, *may* send a
message "BillingItem" with parameters {code:value, comment:text ...} via
dispatcher,
and if you have a billing backend in place, it will get the message and act
accordingly.
If you have no billing backend or don't need the feature, the message is
simply (automatically) ignored.

Horst