Re: [Gnumed-devel] Happy Canada Day

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Happy Canada Day
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:31:18 +1000

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:06, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > AFAIK neither Germany nor Denmark nor Switzerland have such things (I
> > might be wrong)
>
> East Germany had a Tag der Republik. Nowadays we probably
> place most significance on Tag der Wiedervereinigung (Reunion
> Day). But please don't ask for dates :-))  Somewhere in
> October...
>
> Karsten
When I was English (over 30 years ago) St George's Day was important. It
was/is 23rd April.
Australia Day is supposed to be important here, but Anzac Day (25th April) is
a clear winner spiritually. The shops close on Anzac Day, but not on
Australia Day.
Liz
--
You need more time; and you probably always will.