Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] About EMR items Value Objects

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] About EMR items Value Objects
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:52:48 +0100

Hi Carlos !

> Gnudmed-devel list mail seems to have some delay, i forward to you the mail...
A known issue occurring from time to time.

> Right. We can also add another useful field to base clase, instead of
> item_type. item_table: 'vaccination', 'lab_request', 'allergy'.

> I'm not really sure about it, but at first maybe we could use  'pk serial
> primary key' sql table field, at least to keep some track of the item...

Again, let's remind ourselves that we are trying to
encapsulate *business* objects. Tables, however, do not
correspond to business objects 1:1 because they are fairly
normalized. Thus a business object can span several tables
hence we need to keep track of several primary keys within
one such object.

> (along src_table, we can query db 'backwards' eg. health issues, etc...
> becouse we have their ids as foreign keys in item tables...)
Sure. For all business objects inheriting from clin_root_item
this could also be centralized.

> Oops, sorry it's correct ;) . We could provide in vos those simple
> get_XX_text_dump() just, as a quick text dump of its contents (that maybe
> could be used later in gmClinicalRecord.get_text_dump())...
Right on !

> But, the export
> tool would provide some methods that retrieve adecuate values object's fields
Exactly.

> to provide a more estructured text (as Karsten proposed):
[snip]

It's really quite simple: Ultimately we want to be able to
produce a patient printout, hand it to a random fellow doctor
and have her comprehend the information without any assumed
knowledge about GnuMed.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346