Re: [Gnumed-devel] QT Version of Patient Data Input

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] QT Version of Patient Data Input
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:05:49 +1000

On Sat, 11 May 2002 14:16, richard terry wrote:

> Anyway, I think this next version of patient data input is better, as it
> handles multiple names for the same patient, multiple addresses, and
> allows a photograph to be aquired etc.

It does. Nice.
A few comments:
- while the "Add" buttons alow to add information, there is no provision of
browsing this type of information via this user interface
- we need street number separated from street
- you are still using absolute positioning: think of somebody translating
your dialogues into a language where labels require substantially more or
less characters - it would break the dialogue. Similar annoying: when you
have a huge screen, you want to use it. You don't want text widgets to be
displayed relatively tiny and then having to scroll content. Use relative
positioning and "stretcheable" widgets instead (sizers!)

Otherwise, your designs are very stimulating and certainly eye catching. I
tried to modify my old patient's details dialogue, using features of your
dialogues. Result attached a PNG - tell me what you don't like about it
(except for the borders around the input widgets)

Horst