gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Update .gitignore and .cvsignore files

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Update .gitignore and .cvsignore files
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:04:32 +0000

Hi Bruno,

I'm glad to tell you that GLImport is almost finished. After generation of the
tests Makefile diff shows no difference between pygnulib and gnulib-tool.sh. I
use the following scheme:

ls
  gnulib/ gnulib-python
mkdir m4-bash
mkdir m4-python
cp -rf m4 m4-bash
cp -rf m4 m4-python

# args for gnulib-tool.sh are
# given using command-line.
# args for pygnulib are given
# using gnulib-tool.py.
cd m4-bash
bash ../gnulib-tool --add-import javaexec-script > ../sh
cd ..
cd m4-python
python gnulib-tool.py > ../py
cd ..
diff -ru m4-bash m4-python
diff -u sh py

The last thing I need to do is to write some code about vc_files and reminders
about includes. While the second seems to be easy, the first is hard enough.
May be it will be better if you just describe what we need to get as result:
experience shows that it can be better than just to rewrite the entire code.

I want to push all GLImport finished, so I'll push it today/this night (with
vc_files and reminders). If you'll find some minutes to answer, I think you can
see a big commit today. If you can't, I'll push GLImport without vc_files to
let you look.

I'm glad that I'm so close to finish import mode. I think that other parts are
much more simple. It's a pity, however, that I don't have a time to update
timeline. It seems that import and emit parts are finished, so we have a large
progress.