gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Generation of the library Makefile and newlines

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Generation of the library Makefile and newlines
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:39:14 +0000

Hi Bruno,

when I worked on the generation of the library Makefile, I've found that
pygnulib generates almost the same output as gnulib-tool did, except that
pygnulib adds one additional newline to each "# begin ..."/"# end ..." section
in the generated Makefile.

diff -u -B gnulib-Makefile.am pygnulib-Makefile.am

says nothing (i.e. there is no difference, except these newlines).

Shall I fix this little bug? I guess this little bug depends on different
behaviour of re module (comparing with sed). May be echo is the reason (I
always need to add a newline in places where you just use echo, I think I could
miss one line).

I don't think it will create any problems when we will use the generated
Makefile, but if you want, I can try to fix it.