gnulib-tool-py

[gnulib-tool-py] Deprecating of rsync and wget

From: address@hidden
Subject: [gnulib-tool-py] Deprecating of rsync and wget
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 21:53:36 +0000

Hi Bruno,

I'm currently working on generation of po files and recently I've found a piece
of code where we decide whether to choose between rsync and wget. I'd like to
deprecate them both since we have some modules in Python which allow to
download files without calling system utilities (e.g. httplib2). How do you
look if I deprecate rsync and wget completely? I'd like to remove as much bash
code as it is possible at this time, but if you want I can leave this part of
code unchanged.