gnulib-tool-py

Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Proposal: GLConfig class

From: Dmitriy Selyutin
Subject: Re: [gnulib-tool-py] Proposal: GLConfig class
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 12:15:11 +0200

Hi Bruno,

> I thought that you wanted to use GLMode and subclasses of GLMode for this
> purpose?
No, GLMode class is just a parent of GLImport, GLTestDir and GLMegaTestDir classes, which contains attributes that these classes shall contain. As you can see it has only four attributes (AFAIR destdir, localdir, verbose, modcache). This can be used to create new subclasses, because this is just and intermediate class. GLConfig will have all attributes (by default they are set to None), so it can be used (and it will be used) in every class which needs destdir, localdir, sourcebase, m4base and all other arguments.
2012/8/3 Bruno Haible <address@hidden>
Hi Dmitriy,

> I'd like to intoduce a new class that just stores all settings

I thought that you wanted to use GLMode and subclasses of GLMode for this
purpose? If possible and if it makes sense, I would stick to the design
that you did earlier. But if such a class GLConfig is necessary and escaped
our previous thoughts, then ok, create it, so that you can continue to
progress quickly.

Bruno

--
With best regards,