Re: [gnugo-devel] how to increase node limits on --decide-semeai?

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] how to increase node limits on --decide-semeai?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:19:36 +0100

Le Samedi 25 Février 2006 05:57, Terry McIntyre a écrit :
> I have been studying a complicated little situation, and when I ran
>
> gnugo --decide-semeai game.sgf
>
> I got:
>
> finished examine_position
> Analyzing semeai between D2 and E3, white moves first
> Semeai defense of D2: result WIN E2
> Semeai attack of E3: result WIN E2
> 500 nodes, uncertain result
>
> Analyzing semeai between E3 and D2, black moves first
> Semeai defense of E3: result WIN G8
> Semeai attack of D2: result WIN G8
> 502 nodes, uncertain result
>

> --- is there any way to increase the number of nodes examined, for a
> more definitive answer?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Terry McIntyre
> SAP Unix Systems Administration
> Business Systems
> address@hidden
> address@hidden

Hi

Increasing the level beyond 10 will increase all the depth and limits, but it
can be very slow (16 or more seems impossible unless you have a
supercomputer ;)

i m not sure this is what you need, but :
gnugo --help debug
 says somewhere
   --owl-reading <depth>        owl reading depth (default 0)
   --owl-node-limit <limit>     max nodes for owl reading (default 0)

i hope this will help.
Regards
Alain