Re: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.pike

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.pike
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 19:30:23 +0100

Le Dimanche 12 Février 2006 15:45, Paul Pogonyshev a écrit :
> alain Baeckeroot wrote:
> > i ve a small fix for twogtp.pike (the tool i needed :)
> >  "one handicap" is now working, in match mode too.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you are doing.  Your patch will
> make it move from handicap 0 to handicap 1 in auto-adjusting mode,
> which means nothing will change.  I don't think this a good thing.
>
> Paul

hi

It does change the komi, which is 0.5 at "one handi" instead of 5.5 (or
whatever we want).
Before it was jumping from 0 to 2 handi which is very big difference.

With the patch the changes are smoother, with a step at 0 handi:
2 handi
1 handi
0 handi (komi = 5.5 or whatever we say)
0 handi again with switched colors
1 handi
2 handi

before it was
2 handi
0 handi
2 handi with switched colors

I did this to test my twinpatch-3.7.4 against GNU Go 3.7.8.
As it is nearly the same engine, the difference is small, so i needed a smooth
change to see what happens:
 with -a3 (3 consecutive win to adjust handi)
 gg378 was white
 twin became white at game 18, and is still W at game 106, handi 0 again
  (with a very short stage giving 3 handi to gg3.7.8)

Well this is just a proposal. With the view.pike i have now the perfect tools
for my investigations in the wondefull world of GNU Go.

Alain