Re: [gnugo-devel] `configure.in' and resignation

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] `configure.in' and resignation
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 22:58:30 +0200

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:11:16 +0200 (CEST) Arend wrote:

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, aquarius wrote:

Hi, I just spotted that `configure --helpĀ“ in the CVS
still yields the old defaults. (Despite compilation is
done the new way: with resignation allowed)
Perhaps `configureĀ“ should be patched too.

This is already fixed in configure.in and will propagate to configure
as soon as autoconf is run (which I left to Dan as I have different
versions of the tools).

Ah, thanks for the explanation - learned something again.
But may I admit that the options --never-resign and --allow-resign
are still missing from the 'gnugo --help [debug]' output
... and of course from the manpage that lists only a few options.

I think knowing them is essential to switch back to old behaviour
since some tools like GoGui's twogtp cannot cope with "resign" yet
and some people may be vexed if they don't know how to control it.

aquarius