Re: [gnugo-devel] view.pike tweak

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] view.pike tweak
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 15:31:40 +0200 (CEST)

Paul wrote:

> Arend Bayer wrote:
>
> > - support for starting sgf viewer directly from view.pike
> >
> > This allows to automatically start an sgf viewer (specified in the
> > "cgoban -edit %s" format) when doing reading analysis. The .sgf-file names
> > are now appended with the name of the engine to identify them.
>
> Speaking of which, you can use Quarry for this.  I believe that
> viewing is _much more_ pleasant with Quarry, since it supports
> lots of keyboard and mouse wheel shortcuts for navigating game
> tree.  Missing from a viewer are game information (apart from

(Btw, cgoban also has a lots of keyboard shortcuts.)

Minor comments:
1. Why not unmodified "Up" and "down" for switching variations? They are
unused in this situation as far as I can see? (If the comment field does
not have focus.)
2. A variation tree window like in cgoban would be really really nice :)

Arend