Re: [gnugo-devel] 5% increase in owl nodes

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 5% increase in owl nodes
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:12:48 -0700

To continue my previous message, I tried backing out
the large scale patch from 3.5.6 and confirmed that
backing it out does not change the node count for
nngs1. It doesn't quite back out cleanly. You have
to delete the function find_large_scale_owl_attack_moves()
by hand, for reasons that are not important.

Again, this seems to show that the large scale patch
is not the problem, but I do not know what the problem
could be.

The patch mpatch which I described in my previous
message may be found at:

http://sporadic.stanford.edu/bump/mpatch

Something in the patch-theoretic difference between
mpatch and large_scale_5_1.1e causes the node count
change, and I cannot imagine what it would be.

Dan