Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gifu test suite.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:01:15 -0700

> Below follows a test suite with 41 tests from the Gifu games. Please
> review and extend.
>
> /Gunnar
>

> # If black wants to attack the white group, S7 is much more severe
> # than R7.
> loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-GoeMate.sgf 43
> 401 restricted_genmove black R7 S7
> #? [S7]

As with the other Gifu games, I studied the fuseki mistakes in the game
with GoeMate. I would like to add two test cases. Actually, I'm still
not clear why gnugo wanted to sacrifice the stone H16 to let white build
a huge territory. Is some kind of influence tuning necessary?

#The game move K5 is too slow. The defense in upper right corner and H16
is
#really urgent.
loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-GoeMate.sgf 27
404 reg_genmove black
#? [R15|O17|K16]

#White is already building the upper side territory, suppressing it and
#expand own territory is urgent.
loadsgf games/cgf2003/GnuGo-GoeMate.sgf 32
404 reg_genmove black
#? [O17]

For move 43, black S7 can't kill white, although it's severe in other
circumstances. White can play R7 and R9 in sente, then play Q3. There is
some aji in the black surrounding. In the game black got the big move R2
in
sente, which can be considered satisfactory.

SP Lee