[gnugo-devel] gtk GUI

From: Wolfgang Manner
Subject: [gnugo-devel] gtk GUI
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:52:37 +0200 (CEST)

hello
yes interfaces. cgoban runs via GMP, but GMP is not doing what you want.
play_ascii has of course no interface at all, so you will have to provide one.
if you want two separate programs you could also try my modified jago.
there you have two completely separate programs, with a dialog via
disk files. of course you still have to modify gnugo to write the disk files.
i looked at gtp. it would be possible to add a few commands to gtp and
then the GUI wold be rather independent.
as it is i tried to keep all gtk specific routines in the file gnugoGtk.c
the other files (play_ascii.c and play_gtp.c ) are only writing data
into arrays which are then read by gtk. you still have to modify
gnugo to write these arrays of course. if you want to run any other
version of gnugo just tell me, i will then modify that particular version.
the gtp version looks promising, you will be able to play games against gnugo
just as in play_ascii.
have you found out, if you have gtk on your machine ?
wolfgang