Re: [gnugo-devel] Hoshi patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Hoshi patch
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 06:50:08 -0700

> I think GNU Go shouldn't play the first jump to start with. See
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-07/msg00279.html
> for alternatives.

After criticism of the original patch, Evan made a revised patch:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-07/msg00252.html

I felt this was on the right track after revision. If I recall
correctly it included some variations of the shoulder hit after
the one space jump but unlike the original patch did not have
GNU Go playing the shoulder hit.

It included variations for the second kakari (`B' in the
message Arend quoted above) but I had some criticisms of
the variations included:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-07/msg00259.html

If these comments are taken into account I liked the second
patch.

Dan