Re: [gnugo-devel] Cast to unsigned

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Cast to unsigned
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:17:53 +0200

Arend wrote:
> IIRC rotating out of the sign bit for negative ints is undefined or
> implementation defined in ANSI C. That'd mean it has to be unsigned.

According to the book I have (Harbison & Steele, C a Reference Manual)
shifting the sign bit left just discards it and shifting it right
gives the implementation a choice of shifting in a 0 or a copy of the
sign bit. Either way would give the same result in our application.

Well, this is not all that important.

/Gunnar