Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic command line option

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Cosmic command line option
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:15:00 -0700

(see http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-08/msg00015.html)

> One comment about style: Pls try to follow the code formatting as you
> see it in the existing code. I have no religious opinions about
> "correct" style (or if I had them they would definitely not agree with
> the existing gnugo code), but I think it pays to keep style consistent
> across the project. That makes simply less suprises when reading the
> code.
> I've modified the patch accordingly for merging. (Specific issues:
> shiftwidth is always two spaces; position of opening and closing braces
> for if and else statements; formatting of multiple line if-conditions;
> lines should usually be less than 80 columns.)

The new patch has similar problems.

>From dragon.c:

      if (dragon[str].status == CRITICAL)
        {
        if (dragon[str].size >= max_size)
          max_size = dragon[str].size;
        }

In all of GNU Go this construction is consistently written:

      if (dragon[str].status == CRITICAL) {
        if (dragon[str].size >= max_size)
          max_size = dragon[str].size;
      }

There are other instances of this in the patch.

Note the correct spelling of the English word ``Threshold''.

``attack_dragon_weigth'' should be ``attack_dragon_weight''.

So if you can remake the patch against the current CVS you
may want to correct these.

Dan