Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf output, revised

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf output, revised
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 08:02:02 -0700

> this is version 2, replaces the first one
>
> changes:
>   - sgf handling is disconnected from engine again (renamed and moved
>     sgfAddDebugInfo -> sgffile_debuginfo, outputsgf -> sgffile_output)
>   - default option is: no debug output
>   - previously commented code is now enclosed in #if 0 ... #endif
>   - write "forced" as comment when this command is used (let it be ;)
>   - fixed issue with "handicap 0" command (white started playing)

About the use of getopt_long in main.c, does
--output_flags really need an optional argument?

>From the way other GNU Go options work, I'd expect
-O dv work. Unfortunately as Paul's patch is implemented,
you must use -Odv, not '-O dv' and neither
'--output-flags dv' nor '--output-flagsdv' works.

The simplest thing would be to have a required argument
and not use optional argument, which is a GNU
extension.  After all, if you don't want any output
flags, you probably will just omit the option.

Dan