Re: [gnugo-devel] NNGS games in regression/games/nngs

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] NNGS games in regression/games/nngs
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:36:27 -0500

Dan said:
>The games are currently very accessible on Gunnar's web page.
Accessible, yes, but not so easy to make regression tests on.
For example, here are the steps I have to take:
 - download the game.
 - figure out a reasonable name for it, and hope no one else has
     named it something different.
 - when submitting the test cases, make sure to submit this new file.

These are just enough steps to make it annoying to create and submit
tests on these games.

>I think automatically entering every game into regression/games is
>a bad idea.
I disagree.  As a compromise, perhaps enter just the games that
are bold on the recent games page?

Also, perhaps it would be useful to store the annotated version of
the game, after re-running it through the most recent GNU Go (as
of being added), so that GNU Go's current best moves are indicated
in the SGF file, rather than the (possibly time-constrained) actual
moves?

-Trevor