[gnugo-devel] strategic effect

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] strategic effect
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 15:10:24 -0500

I think it would be a good idea to improve the trace logging for
the strategic effect.  There are a lot of reasons for this mysterious
value, I think, and improved logging would prove useful and also
discourage folks from trying to take it out because they don't
understand it!

for example, instead of:
  R13: 1.87 - strategic effect on Q17
something like:
  R13: 1.87 - strategic effect (cut move) on Q17

Alternatively, perhaps sprinkle in a few more of the indented
move_reason comments to give a better indication of where the
value came from.

Thoughts?

-Trevor