Re: geas vs. appserver

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: geas vs. appserver
Date: 02 May 2002 08:56:43 +0200

Jens,

Am Mit, 2002-05-01 um 23.22 schrieb Jens Müller:
> What is the difference between geas and appserver?

"geas" was an application server that was contributed to us by a
company. After trying for some time to adapt it to our needs, we decided
to not use it (except as a source for ideas) and write our own.
We called the directory for the "new" one "appserver" to be consistent
with "forms", "reports", "designer" etc.

The "geas" directory is obsolete and is kept only to look up how the old
application server did things.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller