Aurora & GNUE

From: loic
Subject: Aurora & GNUE
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:17:00 +0100 (CET)

  Hi,

  Aurora is a French company actively supporting the Midgard project
(GPL). They paid 4 full time developpers (2 on site, 2 remote) and 2
part time developpers (remote) during the past eight months. They
distributed CD, promote it in exhibitions, provided service on Midgard
etc. Midgard is a content management product.

  Aurora is now planning to extend its activity to E-commerce needs in
general. The first goal is to ship an E-Commerce and Content Management
CD with various tested tools available, all Free Software (some may
not be GPL, though).

  To achieve this goal Aurora will, obviously, need to do a lot of things
that are in the exact scope of GNU Enterprise. According to me it would
make a lot of sense that Aurora join GNU Enterprise to share efforts.

  Please let me know what you think of this idea, what objections you
may see, what problems you envision.