gnue-dev

[GNUe-dev] Question about Blocks and Transactions ...

From: Johannes Vetter
Subject: [GNUe-dev] Question about Blocks and Transactions ...
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:51:53 +0200

Hello,

I've got a question conerning blocks and transactions; maybe it's a bit
stupid, if so just let me know too ... :)

Ok, having a form with two blocks, using different datasources but the
same connection. After pressing the 'rollback'-Button both blocks get a
'processRollback ()' call which implies a rollback for both datasources.
These calls are done sequentially, so if the first block has done it's
rollback and built an *empty* ResultSet again the second block get's
it's chance doing his rollback.

And that's the problem, because this second rollback also rolls back the
'empty' record of the first block (since it's connected to the same
connection). If this 'empty' resultset contains defaults or other stuff
already prepared in the backend they're destroyed!

Is there a way to tell forms to do only one rollback per connection ? Is
this a bug in forms ?

Thanks,
Johannes

--
BYTEWISE Software GmbH          Tel +43 (5577) 89877-0
i.A. Johannes Vetter            Fax +43 (5577) 89877-66