Re: [open-cobol-list] OC and Oracle

From: Vince Coen
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] OC and Oracle
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:49:30 +0100

On Saturday 17 Apr 2010, Doug Vogel wrote:
> Has anybody used Oracle with OC. If so do you have any information I
> should be aware of or sample scripts (Windows and/or Unix) for compiling.

Yep, if you look in the forums you will see that a few people have done so
with some details of the results including using Pro*Cobol.

Needless to say I have also tried using pro*cobol (this week) but my distro
Mandriva 2010.0 seems to be too up to date for oracle as it needs libraries
somewhat older than installed and Oracle does not seem to like the newer
versions.

There again it has not been tested against Mandriva but Redhat, Suse etc.

I will remove Oracle in the next day or so as soon as I can work out what
shell script is available to do so.

The items in forum reporting Oracle/pro*cobol and OC are dated 2008/5/8 or
thereabouts so you will have to look in the archives by date.

There are others as well that use direct calls to the oracle libraries via a C
module, this is also discussed in the forum but somewhat more recently.

Vince