Re: [open-cobol-list] Installing and working with open cobol

From: Ben Duncan
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Installing and working with open cobol
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:16:39 -0500

Sorry, John, some of us are OLD crock are here as well, we
just aren't active posters.

Yes, I do C, PERL, PYTHON, S-Lang, and Visual Studio stuff
as well as COBOL. Heck, I am even writing my OWN environment called
SLAG based on S-Lang for us OLD COBOL programmers to create applications
in (Core Library written C no less).

Sad state of affairs is such tools as the Visual Studios,
and GNU scripting languages, which can teach one basic programming
skills, but do NOT THE underlying truths and algorithms needed
to understand what is happening and why.

Just had to interject my 2 cents these days ..