[open-cobol-list] End of line character.

From: John R. Culleton
Subject: [open-cobol-list] End of line character.
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 18:36:41 -0400

Is there a symbolic name in Open Cobol (or in tiny) that represents
the end-of line character?
 I am trying to create a string that I can feed to a
CALL "system"
statement that will execute a non-cobol program with parameters. Here
is what I have thus far:
 MOVE SPACES TO CALLREC.
           STRING "bookland.py ", "978160019", SERIAL,
           " > foorec", ???
              INTO CALLREC.
           CALL "system" USING CALLREC.

The string should look like:
bookland.py 978160019123 >foorec (CR)

Where the last three digits will vary.  Later on in the logic I open
foorec and use some of the results of the above step.

Possibly the program will work without the explicit end of line but I
am assuming not.

--
John Culleton