[open-cobol-list] Compiled and working on AIX 5L

From: Gary Cowell
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Compiled and working on AIX 5L
Date: Mon Jan 19 01:52:02 2004

I've managed to get the CVS tree of Open Cobol running
on AIX 5L.

There were only a couple of problems. One I think was
probably caused by the GNU tools installed on my box,
in that the generated 'libtool' didn't include the gmp
library, so I had to add -lgmp to a couple of places
in 'libtool'.

Second, I had to change libcob/fileio.c because
'flock' is not present on AIX. In the first instance I
just chopped the code although if I was to do it
properly, there are lock and unlock prototypes which
could be used on AIX.

I don't know if multi platform capability is something
that's desired or required but I can certainly have a
go at HP-UX (PA), AIX and SPARC Solaris if desired
(don't expect too many problems TBH).

If these have already been tested and shown to
work/not work can someone let me know :-)