gnucap-devel

[Gnucap-devel] python bindings update

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: [Gnucap-devel] python bindings update
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 14:07:58 +0100

Dear all.

Following up a lengthy thread on exploration and alpha testing the
Python bindings (thanks to Patrick) earlier this year...  I am glad to
annouce a functional gnucap-python package, now version 0.0.2 [1].

Debian packages have been uploaded to testing (thanks to Carsten and
Ruben). These reduce the hassle of manual builds considerably and work
out of the box with Python 2.7, and 3.{6,7}, making accessible what
Python has to offer.

While some features may be missing, the important and difficult bits are
in place. Examples are included, especially for the following.

- copy-free access to circuit components and data from Python
   e.g. matrix access (numpy, scipy.sparse).
- interact with circuits in a Python script
   post-processing, visualisation (matplotlib) or optimisation (nlopt).
- simulation commands can be written in Python
   extending what we currently have, e.g. pz analysis using scipy.
- implement circuit components in Python
        the basis for interactive testbenching and further customisation

The gnucap-python package is designed for growth, your feedback might
determine what's next.

cheers
felix

[1] http://gnucap.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/gnucap:user:gnucap_python