gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #14980] Better way to grow true clumps (full segm

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #14980] Better way to grow true clumps (full segmentation/deblending)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 08:58:09 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #14980 (project gnuastro):

This is also an interesting non-parametric (but machine-learning based: hard
to configure) deblending method which we might be able to implement (after
building a machine learning infra-structure within Gnuastro):

https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.10098

Since we know the number of clumps in each detection, we know the ultimate
number of objects to deblend. In a large survey, we can also use this
information to find detections with one or no clumps (which we may assume are
not blended) and use them to define our training set.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14980>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/