gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [bug #54346] Non '-I' or non '-L' strings in CPPFLAGS o

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [bug #54346] Non '-I' or non '-L' strings in CPPFLAGS or LDFLAGS cause crash
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2018 11:37:11 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: makhlaghi
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

By definition, the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables are designed to
pass options to the pre-processor and linker and in particular the `-I' and
`-L' options to specify the directories to look for headers and libraries.

When building BuildProgram's configuration file, we just assume that only the
`-I' option is given to CPPFLAGS and `-L' to LDFLAGS. But while packaging in
Debian's `pdebuild', I noticed that it is passing `-W' options to these two
environment variables: `-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' and `-Wl,-z,relro
-Wl,-z,now' respectively.

This might happen in other situations is well. But when building
BuildProgram's configuration, we explicitly put the given values to the `-I'
and `-L' options. So a only strings that start with these two should be used,
not anything.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54346>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/