gnuastro-devel

[gnuastro-devel] [task #13765] Convert static libraries to shared librar

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [gnuastro-devel] [task #13765] Convert static libraries to shared libraries
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:20:21 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #16, task #13765 (project gnuastro):

Thanks for the check, I am very happy it has installed with no problem. It is
interesting that you have not seen any errors.

In the previous test, I had not bootstrapped, so this time I cloned Gnuastro
in a new directory and bootstrapped it, then ran `make' and `make distcheck'.

However, the libtool warnings still remain. You are right, the libtool error
texts are printed in bold and the "warning" phrase is in red.

I am using libtool 2.4.6, with Gnulib v0.1-845-gbea6f3f.

To be perfectly sure you can try directing the `make distcheck' output to a
file. If the libtool warnings are pushed to stdout (as they should be), they
should print cleanly. Ultimately you can try searching in that file for
"libtool: warning:" strings.

But if the warnings have indeed not come up on your system, it might be some
configuration beyond Gnuastro (probably while building libtool. It would be
interesting if we could find it and somehow include it in Gnuastro's building.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13765>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/